August 12, 2012 in Specialty Food
You are browsing the archive for Specialty Food.
June 5, 2012 in Specialty Food
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 lb. trimmed boneless Boston pork butt or blade roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- One bottle of Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Peach Whiskey Sauce
- 6 Sandwich Buns
- Optional – Cole Slaw
- Rub salt and pepper over a 2-3 lb. trimmed boneless Boston pork butt or blade roast. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a heavy ovenproof cooking pot with a lid. Brown the roast on all sides.
- Cover pot and roast in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 2 1/2-3 hours until the pork can be pulled apart with a fork.
- Shred the pork, removing excess fat, and toss with 1 bottle of Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Peach Whiskey Sauce.
- Serve warm on a sandwich bun – as an option, top with coleslaw.
January 21, 2012 in Specialty Food
All Rothschild Pasta Sauces are on sale now! Save $2 on each jar!
1 1/2 lbs. Ground beef or turkey
1 cup Onion, chopped
1/2 cup each Red pepper and green pepper, chopped
1 tsp. Garlic
1 15-16 oz. can Beef broth
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 cup Uncooked macaroni or other small pasta
1 jar Robert Rothschild Farm Vodka Pasta Sauce
1 cup Water
Brown ground beef or turkey, onions, peppers, and garlic in a saucepan. Pour in beef broth, add Italian seasoning, and bring to a boil. Turn heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Return to a boil, and add pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes. Add Vodka Pasta Sauce and water. Simmer for approximately 10 more minutes.
January 16, 2012 in Specialty Food
1 large Onion
1/2 lb. Fresh mushrooms, sliced in halves
4 oz. Whole pimentos, sliced and undrained
3 Bay leaves
1 tsp. Dried whole oregano
As desired, Hot cooked spaghetti
1/3 cup Olive oil
3-4 Cloves garlic, minced
1 jar Robert Rothschild Farm Artichoke Pasta Sauce
1/2 cup Vermouth
1 tsp. Dried whole thyme
2 Medium green peppers, cut into strips
Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add oil and chicken and sauté 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken from Dutch oven and drain on paper towels. Add onion and garlic to Dutch oven, sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, Artichoke Pasta Sauce, pimentos, vermouth, bay leaves, thyme and oregano; add chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in green peppers and cook an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves and serve over spaghetti. Yield 8 servings.
December 24, 2011 in Specialty Food
5 oz. cheese, blue or cheddar
1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Fig & Walnut Butter
2 Tbsp. brandy or cognac
1 package of fillo cups – we have Rothschild Farms Fillo Cups
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
freshly snipped chives for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix Fig & Walnut Butter with the brandy or cognac. Arrange the fillo cups on a lined baking sheet. Place a small piece of cheese snugly in the bottom of each cup. Top with approximately 1 teaspoon of butter mixture. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. Place on serving platter and garnish with chopped chives.